Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I work in the film industry now. Just like Johnny Depp.

I feel like such a disappointment, both to myself and others. Since NaBloPoKokomo, I’ve been pretty good about keeping up the blog and pandering to my readership. What, did you think I write about what I’m thinking and feeling? Pshaw - it’s all about the comments, and nothing gets comments like the funny. Not that I’m particularly funny.

But what I was saying was that I had been doing pretty well, especially of late, with this whole blogging thing. Actually, I personally felt that my last week at my former place of employment was my best week ever, blogwise, if only for my favorite local display of fervent belief and my real-time update on quitting my job. Then came a couple of days of uneventful unemployment followed by a new job that doesn’t give me quite the amount of unfettered internet access or downtime that my old job did.

What I’m trying to say is I’m sorry. I’ll try to do better.

So on with the actual post.

Actually, there’s not a whole lot to write about. Or maybe there is. Let’s see.

The new place of employ isn’t so bad, aside from the fact that it’s on the other side of town and there’s no real easy way to get there. Apologies to JustinS (or Justins, if he’s plural)- I couldn’t think of a better way to describe that one dude last week than “never been cool.” You, Mr. S, are at least cool when you write, as readers of your blog will attest. This guy, however, has never been cool and proves it daily. On Friday he read aloud from the website Engrish.com for two hours, non-stop. Cleared the room. It was excruciating, but he had no clue he was being monumentally annoying. Seriously not cool. Not funny, either.

As some of you have already read on Malfeasance, the lady and I ventured south once again to the land of George over the weekend, this time to see my grandparents, who had flown in from Maryland. Because they travel so infrequently (their last trip on a plane was supposed to be the one last hurrah before they die, and that was four years ago) we’ll be going back again this coming weekend, which will make five weekends in a row. We did eat some mighty fine food (crab cakes and fried catfish sound good to anyone?) while we were down and took in a baseball game in the ATL on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Nope, I guess there wasn’t much to write about as it turns out. My game is so off. I should go catch up on what you kids have been writing anyway. Allie tagged me for a meme, too, so I should get to work on that. Here are some self-indulgent pictures to tide you over for now.


The fam.


The man (that's Chipper on first.)

Do we call these cheerleaders? What's the deal with the sudden emergence, at all levels of baseball, of girls in jerseys and short shorts that entertain between innings? Isn't that one of the things that separated baseball from the sensory-overload of the NFL and NBA? I like good-looking birds as much as the next guy, but I just don't need bells and whistles to enjoy my sports. I don't do the wave, either.



Sunroof photography in Hotlanta.

12 comments:

Allie said...

You're back!!! :)

Those sunroof pictures are awesome!

2 hours of Engrish read aloud? You would have been completely justified in duct taping his mouth shut.

Anonymous said...

heh No worries here.

And you should really consider shanking that dude.

I'm confused by Engrish.com. I see nothing about gay dragons and chopsticks.

laurie said...

ah, outdoor baseball. just two more years, and we shall have it, too.

i went to sunday's game at the dome. the twins came back from a 6-0 deficit to beat the tigers 7-6. it just doesn't get much more exciting than that.

even without girls in short shorts.
(it was too cold for short shorts anyway.)

shelleycoughlin said...

You make Atlanta actually look pretty. The only time I've been there was stopping at the nastiest (and only) Waffle House I've ever seen, where the cooks had guns in the waistbands of their pants.

shelleycoughlin said...

Also, JustinS: HA!

Courtney said...

NPW: Don't judge all Waffle Houses by that experience. I've never seen guns there, and the food is pretty good (albeit greasy.)

Yes, I am also curious about the girls in the shorts with Braves written across the ass. As far as I can tell, their only purpose is to stand in the aisles and block people's views while occasionally throwing T-shirts into the crowd.

Meaghan said...

Sorry things have been a little too quiet for your blog lately. Glad to see you're back!

And I hate all things cheerleader, so when those girls get in front of my baseball game, I usually look at Chris like "you're going to have to hold me back before I have to open up a can on these girls who think they're hot."

Now watch, we'll have a little girl and she'll want to do this when she's 16...

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling a little off my game, too. I've lost the will to comment.

Unknown said...

You look like you're about to kill your family.

Don't do it dude.

ReasonswhyIdumpedyou@gmail.com said...

I love that top pic, where you're looking very suspicious about having a family.

Also, it's my secret fear that I'm like that Engrish dude not knowing I'm making everyone around me suicidal.

Chris said...

Seriously, if you don't get back to writing at least two posts a week, we will not be friends anymore.

I'm demanding like that.

Mickey said...

allie- Duct tape would have been good, but we all just went into the other room and complained about it to each other. Good bonding opportunity for the new guy (me.)

justins- I really don't think I'm geek enough to get that. I'll leave it to NPW.

laurie- Even though a Braves fan is supposed to hate the Twins (Kent Hrbek!), good for them for beating the Tigers.

npw- Waffle House rocks! Atlanta actually can be an attractive city. Lots of trees.

courtney- Not that they're bad to look at, but I'm there for the baseball.

meaghan- I hope she does.

noelle- I feel ya.

surviving myself- No way, man. My family's cool. Cooler than me, even.

kate- But it's guys like that that make us realize that we are not THAT GUY.

chris- I'm trying so hard. In my mind.