I swear I'm not trying to keep the streak alive. December is National Post-Whenever-the-Hell-I-Want month, and I aim to stick to that.
But I got tagged. Allie hit me with the Seven Things meme. (By the way, can someone tell me in the comments how we pronounce "meme?" I know we don't converse through vocalization around here, so pronunciation is unimportant, but I read aloud in my head, so it matters. Is it "me-me" or "meem?" I feel like an idiot saying it "me-me," but I've been told in the past that's how it goes. I really do prefer the sound of "meem.")
I'm supposed to post the rules to the meme and then tag seven other people for it. I like doing memes, if only because it's lazy and I get to act like somebody cares what I have to say since it wasn't my idea in the first place. I don't like tagging others for them, though, because I think that's presumptuous. Then again, I don't like calling people on the telephone because I feel like it's awfully presumptuous of me to assume they want to talk to me. Because who would want to talk to me? And without fair warning? This is why nothing gets done in my life.
Anyway, I'm not calling Allie presumptuous, nor the people who tagged her, either. Rules is rules. I guess I'm just trying to absolve myself of the guilt of the tagging that I am about to commit.
Here are the rules for the 'social-networking' tag:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share seven things about yourself - some random, some weird.
4. Tag seven people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog and/or Twitter. 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
And here are seven things, Mickey-style:
1. In high school psychology class, my personality test came back "androgynous." I've always figured this means I like to watch sports but I'm also a good listener.
2. I have a thing for shoes.
3. I am fastidious about keeping my nose presentable. This means no visible boogers, from any angle, and no protruding hairs. Unless it's running, in which case I have an excuse.
4. I prefer to wear a beard, both because I hate shaving and because it telegraphs my personality (it says, "This dude has a beard. He knows how to tie knots.")
5. Oddly, I don't know many knots. I usually find myself just looping things around until it gets good and tangled.
6. I hate the woman who lives above us, although I've never met her.
7. In third grade, I wore a batting glove to school a couple of times because I thought it looked cool. As I recall, it was paired with my jean jacket, which said "Turbo" across the inside of the back, and I kept the sleeves pushed up at all times.
The following people have been tagged:
1. Daily Newsie
2. Jacob's Land of Bliss and Blisters
3. Whatever Happened to School House Rock?
5. Another Way to Waste Time Online
7. Verbal Diarrhoea
If you don't get around to it, I won't be offended, especially if you happen to be eight months pregnant.