Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day two of NaBlo is go!

And I'd like to recognize the brave idiots on my blogroll who have also pledged thirty posts in thirty days, in part to remind all of you to check out their blogs each and every day but also in the hope that shining the spotlight on them ups the ante a notch and thus their commitment. Not that I doubt anyone's commitment, but it's just a little harder to back out of something if people actually know you're doing it. So here they (you) are:

Malfeasance

Jacob's Land of Bliss and Blisters (actually hasn't missed a single day all year so I don't imagine he's going to quit in November)

Daily Newsie

Traveling Em (the traveling part may make it tough at times, so stay on top of it Em!)

Funky Carter (old pro)

Average20Something

Stefanie Says (another veteran)

Of course, having listed you as participants, I will also make a point of singling out any one of you who fails in our collective mission. Be warned! (says the guy who has all day long to take care of his blog)

(And yes, bullshit little posts like this that don't really have much to say absolutely count, especially on a Sunday. Nobody reads blogs on Sunday, after all. I'll be saving my hard-hitting pieces for the weekdays if I can help it.)

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Yes, nice work. The trick is to pace yourself and not blow your verbosity wad on day two. Which, I probably could have found a less Tobias-esque way to phrase that, but whatever.

Also, rest assured that if you fail, I, too, will spotlight you on Funky Carter. You've been warned.

Courtney said...

I can understand pacing yourself, but I'm thinking I should write posts as the topic strikes me, lest I forget it later.

Apparently the pressure is on. No matter! I'm not a quitter.

A Free Man said...

Name 'em and shame 'em.

Thanks your fruitless good wishes on the weekend, looks like your lady friend's hate is stronger than love.

The Modern Gal said...

It's a good thing I opted out of NaBloPoMo this year as I would have failed on Day One. I like to honor my limits when I recognize them. But, I'm rooting all of you on.

Anonymous said...

I am pretending to do naboplomo. but i will not admit to it because the name is so ridiculously stupid. i love that you plan about "saving the good stuff." i say this because every blog post i wrote is crap that i think up on the spot. i am lazy. you give me something to aspire to.

shelleycoughlin said...

I like that you're shaming people into posting every day. Where were you two days ago when I needed a big push to do it?!

No matter, I'm still going to Tweet every day for the month!

Stefanie said...

I fully intend at least four posts this month to be cop-outs that barely qualify as a post, so yes, that one totally counts. Good luck!

"Fail in our collective mission." Oh, the pressure! I have no idea why I feel so less certain about it this year...

Sid said...

I don't think I could commit myself to something like this. Well I suppose I could do it. The problem would be that my blog posts would be uninteresting.

Julie said...

I think it would have been funnier if you had just started adding people to the list even if they did not promise to participate. Isn't it more fun to shame others into participating than just encouraging those who've already agreed?