Friday, October 19, 2007

Origin

So now I'm just another a-hole with a blog. But I guess that's all any of us really are- a bunch of a-holes. Sorry for that, but I didn't do it.

Anyway, I'm at work and I've found a sweet internet radio station (radioIO.com) and I've been listening to the channel I guess I'm supposed to. It's called Edge, and that's totally me. 'Cause I live on or near the edge and stuff, where I like to pop wheelies. I had been listening to the 80's channel, which was very cool because it was entirely new-wave shit that I'd never heard before, but a guy can only handle so much synth, so I went to the Edge: Supergrass at the moment, but I've heard Pixies, The White Stripes, Thom Yorke and other artists in the same vein that I wasn't privy to. Ha! Placebo! No shit, that's what's on now, for those who are in the know on that one.

I'll stop here so I can go figure out how the rest of this site works and so I can make it as hugely hilarious and enlightening as will be expected of me.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm in the know. I even know where the blog title came from. Because I know you, and I'm cool like that.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Jacob said...

What do you mean by in the know. I know Placebo, but I don't know if I'm supposed to find that funny. I kind of dig androgeny.

Julie said...

So... I guess you've got no place to go but up. But don't take that too personally. I'm just a loser without a blog.

And for those of you who are really in the know I would like to remind you of the time in Rome when someone asked "Who does this song?" while riding in my car and, after I replied with Placebo, Mickey said, "Dammit Julie, I was going to get it eventually!" Referring to the time he'd asked the same question months ago and had failed to come up with the band name. Good times.